Question:
How can I listen to mp3s from my Treo 650 through my car’s audio system?
Joe
2005-12-11 14:50:36 UTC
How can I listen to mp3s from my Treo 650 through my car’s audio system?
Four answers:
Donald M
2005-12-14 14:57:11 UTC
I believe that the Treo uses a "Stereo mini" type headset jack and there are adapters to convert those into various other connections. What I did in my car was to have Circuit City install an RCA input box in my CD Changer input on the back of my standard Honda deck. Then I connected a set of RCA to Stereo mini cables to it and into my headphone jack on my mp3 player.

Email me if you want more info or if this doesn't make sense: dmcewan1 AT maine DOT rr DOT com
Zyada
2005-12-11 15:07:36 UTC
I use a cheapie device I found in the stereo section that is a pseudo-cassette that plugs into the headphone jack of the mp3 player and transmits the player output to the cassette player.

I also have one that transmits radio waves that I use to transmit CDs to my (very old) installed house stereo.

You should be able to find these at Radio Shack, or the stereo section of Wally-world, target, or other dept. stores.
samk
2005-12-13 21:26:11 UTC
"Cheapest and easiest" is an fm transmitter.

Get a 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female headset adapter. Maybe $6. http://www.google.com/search?q=2.5+3.5+mm+adapter Or Radio Shack.

Then look for an fm transmitter for mp3 players that is not iPod-specific.

http://www.google.com/search?q=fm+transmitter+mp3

I have both an fm transmitter and a casette adapter for my iPod. The sound quality with the fm transmitter is adequate, though finding an empty radio frequency can be difficult in a big city. Consider finding a transmitter that you can open and add your own antenna. (I haven't done this, but I've read that you can improve the sound quality dramatically.)
Dan Theurer
2005-12-11 17:45:45 UTC
The sound quality of the radio transmitters is usually not that great.

I replaced my stero with one that comes with an aux (audio in) so that i can plug in my mp3 player. The link below talks about different sterios that support that.